Glow 46, April 11-15, Vienna & Graz
- Workshop I on Pronouns, April 11, 2023 in Graz
- Main Colloquium on Redundancy and Deficiency, April 12-14 2023 in Vienna
- Workshop II on Phonolgy, April 15, 2023 in Vienna
April 12-14, 2023
University of Vienna
Redundancy and Deficiency
April 11, 2023
University of Graz
Mismatched pronouns: specification discrepancies between pronominals and their morphosyntactic or semantic context
Invited speaker: Elena Anagnostopoulou (University of Crete)
April 15, 2023
University of Vienna
Non-automatic alternations in phonology
Invited speaker: Sabrina Bendjaballah (CNRS & Université de Nantes)
GLOW 46 organization and events
For the main colloquium, taking place at the University of Vienna, 12-14 April, 2023, scholars are invited to submit unpublished papers dealing with redundancy and/or deficiency within all areas of generative linguistics. Submissions on phonological topics are especially welcome. The workshops have their own topics and expect papers relating to them. Note that workshop I will take place in Graz, which is easily reached by public transports from Vienna airport. The workshop program will be organized in order to allow travel time (about 2.5 hours) from Graz to Vienna.
Note that GLOW talks are 45 mins + 15 mins discussion (1 hour in total). The workshops will include only in person talks. The main colloquium will also feature a poster session and offer online participation options.
Abstract submission guidelines
(main session and workshops)
An author may submit a maximum of two abstracts to the main colloquium, only one of which may be single-authored. However, the same person may submit two different single-authored abstracts to the main colloquium and a workshop.
Abstracts for the main colloquium and workshops are to be submitted via Easychair (link below). Abstracts for both the main colloquium session and both workshops can be submitted at the same submission point. You will be asked to indicate which session (main colloquium, workshop I, workshop II) and modality (talk or poster), you would like your abstract to be considered for at the time of submission on the EasyChair submission form.
- Abstracts, including references and data, must not exceed two pages with 1 inch (2.54cm) margins on all sides.
- Font must be set in Times New Roman (or equivalent) with a font size no smaller than 12pt. Font size in displays and references may be smaller.
- The submission must not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way. (Note that files uploaded to Easychair are renamed by the system, but a PDF file may contain hidden information about its author or creator. Make sure to remove that information.)
Submissions open: October 1st, 2022
Submission deadline: December 1st, 2022, 23:59 Vienna time (GMT +01:00)
Notification of acceptance: February, 2023
Please submit abstracts for both the main colloquium and workshops via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=glow46).
For any questions about the main colloquium or either workshop, please contact the local organizing committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.