2017-09-15: abstract submission opens
2017-11-16 noon UTC: abstract submission closes
2018-01-27: notification of acceptance (for main colloquium)
2018-01-31: preliminary programme of main colloquium published
2018-02-01: registration opens
2018-04-01: last day of settling fee by bank transfer, please register by this day in any case
2018-04-10: phonology & syntax workshops
2018-04-11–13: main colloquium
2018-04-14: semantics, sign language, & PTA workshops
The main colloquium has no specific theme so scholars are invited to submit unpublished papers within all areas of generative linguistics. We are planning significant poster sessions, too. Submissions on phonological topics are especially welcome. The workshops have their own topic and expect papers relating to them.
An author may be associated with a maximum of two abstracts submitted to the main colloquium, only one of which may be single authored. The same abstract may not be submitted to both the main colloquium and a workshop. However, the same person may submit two different single-authored abstracts to the main colloquium and a workshop.
Abstracts for the main colloquium and workshops are to be submitted via Easychair. Please note that the main colloquium and the four regular workshops each have their own submission site, for the latter check the workshop’s page. No abstract may be longer than 2 pages (A4 or letter size) with 1in margins, set single spaced in a 12pt font. This includes displays and references (which may be set in a smaller font). Abstracts must be anonymous, self references should be avoided. Please make sure that there is no indication of the authors’ identity in the file submitted. (Files uploaded to Easychair are renamed by the system, but a PDF file may contain hidden information about its author or creator.)
The deadline for submitting abstracts is noon UTC, 16 November.
Here’s some help if you’re unfamiliar with Easychair:
- If you want to submit an abstract to the main colloquioum, go to:
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=glow41. If you want to submit an abstract to one of the workshops, please follow the link given on the workshop’s page.
- If you do not have an existing EasyChair account, click on “sign up for an account”. You will be asked to fill in a simple form to create an account.
- Click “New Submission” at the top of the page.
- Enter author information in the provided fields. Tick the “Corresponding Author” box for all authors who wish to receive email correspondences or notifications.
- Enter your title in the “Title” field.
- Enter at least three keywords.
- For main colloquium only: Specify whether you want your abstract to be considered only for a talk or for a poster presentation as well.
- Upload your abstract. Only .pdf files will be accepted. Do not include your name or affiliation in the abstract/file name!
- Click “Submit”. You will be taken to a summary page of your submission — this is your confirmation that it has been saved.
- You may update your submission until the deadline by logging in and clicking on “My Submissions”.